Wednesday 27 March 2013

Is Spring Really Coming?

The arrival of the warmer weather is coming none too soon. As you all know I have spent the winter driving 250kms a day back and forth to Cookstown through any and all weather conditions. I'm tired and oh so done with bad roads. So, while I'm enjoying dry highways our road is turning into quicksand! That old saying that winter flows into months of heavy sledding comes true in Utterson every spring. This week we've had thawing, creating corduroy, then freezing again, hardening the corduroy and now to mush. No flooding yet so I guess we should count our blessings, lol! And it continues to snow!!!
Spring always brings about a re-evaluation of things more so than the turning of a new year. With the return of daylight I like to make plans for all that spare time that will suddenly appear. The gardens will, this year, become those shining examples of an English garden I so desire. My lack of a green thumb doesn't factor into this dream. The snow is still covering the ground so there's still a chance I'll obtain the skills! Then there's my gazebo plans. I see all of these lovely, gauzy sitting areas on Pinterest and dream of such a backyard. The reality will have to be more of an airtight lockdown if we actually want to sit outside but I can drape gauzy bits inside the enclosure to block out the bug-proof walls, lol. I'll be sure to post pics if the dreams come to fruition.

So, Happy Easter to everyone. We're not a religious family but I've always tried to instill the importance of this holiday in the Christian calendar. Whether you believe that Christ is the son of God or not try to remember his teachings. Here we go back to my credo for life, live by the Golden Rule; Do unto others as you would have others do unto you. Plain and simple, treat people the way you want to be treated. That's it. I follow this every day at home or work and so far it's working!
Now, go find the chocolate eggs and enjoy you can eat salad and yogurt tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment